Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Primal Dark Chocolate

I got my dark chocolate recipe from this link at www.primallyinspired.com 
I did however change the amounts, because I was ending up with more of a paste than a pourable chocolate.  Feel free to play with it and see what happens! :D


Easy, Healthy Homemade Dark Chocolate
Ingredients:

½ cup natural organic cacao powder
¼ cup coconut oil, melted or butter (GENTLY melted)
1-2 tablespoons pure raw honey or pure maple syrup*
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
pinch of sea salt

DIRECTIONS:
Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and stir until well mixed and smooth. You can pour the chocolate into candy molds to make chocolate candy, you can put the chocolate into a cake decorator (or plastic bag with the edge cut off) and pipe out chocolate chips or you can pour the chocolate into wax or parchment paper and make bars. Freeze until hardened – about 30 minutes. Store the chocolate in the fridge. 

*I came up with this based on my personal taste tests:
1 tablespoon honey = about 85% dark chocolate
1 1/2 tablespoon honey = about 73% dark chocolate  
2 tablespoon honey = about 60% dark chocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment