Sunday, October 18, 2009

Momma's Pie Crust Recipe

This recipe is from Momma Sue Asher :) Her pie crust is light and flaky and I have heard people rave over it for as long as I can remember. Thanks, Mom.

Email from Mom:
The recipe is from your great-gramma Ward, Granny's mom.
[My Granny was Mrs. Viola Endecott. :) ]

Flaky Double Pie Crust
3 cups flour
1&1/2 cups shortening (I use the sticks of butter flavored Crisco)
1/2 tsp salt
5 Tablespoons cold water
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1 egg

Just mix together the flour, shortening, and salt until crumbly.
Add rest of ingredients and chill for at least an hour or two. Lots of times I make it the day before and let it frig overnight.
This makes at least a double crust, so if you want to make a couple of double crust pies, just double the recipe and you usually have enough left over for some single crust pies.




Have a Delectable Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment